View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm trying CBD too

Hi friends
I thought I posted something earlier but can't see it. I am very excited about the CBC as a tool in my tool box. I have had sensory neuropathy (erratic blood sugar)for 18 years and it runs my life -- but with the help of my neurologist at the Mayo Clinic - I have had enough pain relief to have a quality of life - I take Lyrica and a narcotic. I am on the Keto diet for the last 9 months and it has helped me so very much. I eat less than 30mgs of carbs a day and it has helped my neuropathy (biggest problem was fruit)

HOWEVER - I am going through some major marriage issues as my husband of over 40 years (we met at 17) is bipolar has decided to go off all his depression meds -- and then he moved out. Enough of that -- but consequently my stress is really high. Soooo my pain has significantly increased. A new pain feeling like acid was poured on my hands - and significant swelling as well --- (as well as an increase of pain in the arch of my feet - another new issue) I was so desperate and then just about an hour later I saw a sign outside of a health food store talking about CBD and pain relief - I got a lotion with 750mg CBD and immediately put it on my hands and the sting was GONE. It is hard to describe as I could feel the pressure and burning but little pain. It lasts about an hour for me. I could feel it coming back and am using it about 6 times a day. I also bought the 500mg drops and taking that about 6 times a day. It has been 5 days and my "new" acid pain is at minimum cut in half. i have read a bunch over this period and feel that this is something I'm going to try for at least 30 days and then decide.

Im a little afraid of taking the THC in addition as I take narcotics and I'm afraid over what might happen if I add it -- I'm doing more research but I'm keeping my mind open. I am so thankful that I found CBD - when I found it - and hopefully we are on to something that so many of us need relief - w/o side effects.

The biggest issue is it is costly. The cream I purchased was almost $50 and most of the products are not cheap - but IF you can afford it - give it a try -- I am sleeping better and my hands are able to type right now - couldn't do that 5 days ago. Someone else bought the drops 500 mg for me so I'm not sure about the cost I believe somewhere between $30 and $50 also.

I have been here on the web site on and off for 15 years- I always am glad that I checked in - we all can relate and when it gets unmanageable I find strength here with all of you. This is so exhausting dealing with pain all the time...

Keep the conversation going on CBD and lets have more relief!!

Tina
Tina
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (08-23-2018), janieg (08-23-2018)