View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Because I've made med mistakes in the past, I bought 2 very different colored and shaped pill containers. I keep the small purple day one is in the drawer in the coffee table and the big blue and white night one in a drawer in the bathroom. And I take my pills right BEFORE I smoke MJ and go to bed so I don't forget them... One would think that that would prevent med errors...
I'm going to try putting a bright orange sticker on the correct night dose to take, and will not move it until the next morning. I hope it helps.
Apparently just taking the correct dose of my meds causes enough problems. I don't need to keep poisoning myself

I tried Abilify in the past as a primary mood stabilizer. I went all the way up to the max of 30mg, but it didn't work for me. At the time, there was no generic available, so it cost me over $500/mo, and put me in the Medicare donut hole. Obviously it wasn't worth it.

I hope I have better luck with it as an adjunct med...
In the past, I've had some manic episodes that seem to respond to meds/dosage changes, but then my symptoms come right back- sometimes worse. That's why I like to catch things early. But this came on really fast, so I missed that opportunity.

The effects of the overdose didn't last as long as I expected. By the time Corey came home, I was okay. But later, I felt like I was hypo. I didn't even consider taking a nap, and was still wide awake at 1am.

I only got 4 1/2hrs sleep last night, so I'm tired, but I think I'm probably still manic. I'm still agitated, I'm having a really hard time sitting still, and my thinking is definitely not linear, but I'm in a good mood? I don't think I'm as bad as I was on Tuesday, but IDK. It's early, so it's hard to be sure.
I want to use the Pea Pod pick-up service again on Friday, but I have to put in my order early so I can get the pick up time I want. I'm having a hard time settling down long enough to make up my shopping list tho.

I just took my morning meds a little while ago, including the Abilify, and I feel like I'm going to puke. Anyway, I guess I will see if those symptoms get better, worse, or if there is no change because of the Abilify. So far no change, but I will have to give it more time.

I'm supposed to call the pdoc office and leave a message regarding how I'm feeling today. And they were able to get me an appointment with my regular pdoc early on Monday morning. I hope to be sane, or close to it, by then tho...

So, it's Thursday. My upstairs usually come home between 9-9:30pm s-faced and rowdy... not looking forward to tonight. I still don't know if Janet ever called Ellen about my complaints, or how well they were received, so I don't know what to expect...

Just because someone is manic, it doesn't mean that they are in/stay in a good mood all the time. Ellen and Adam had better keep it down, because they don't want me to go up there to knock on their door the way I am right now.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-23-2018), Dmom3005 (08-23-2018), mymorgy (08-23-2018), PurpleFoot721 (08-23-2018)