View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 01:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello again,

Yes, it is, but I know of at least one company that ships to the UK and it costs between $15-20 for a gram of CBD isolate powder/crystalline, which is what you purchased. That's very cheap and affordable. I use 3-4 grams a month at most, so that's very affordable even on my limited income. I'll say it again, UK prices are absolutely ridiculous.

I hope what you bought works for you. Remember that you will want to see third party testing since CBD isolate is processing with chemicals. A clean product will have washed it all out and will have testing showing as much. But I'm happy to hear that you found someone that was helpful. It can be confusing at first, but it's really simple once you get into it. I was the same way and now it all makes sense and is easy to navigate.

Your son has a point, but he is exaggerating it. Studies show that THC and other cannabinoids can be beneficial on their own and in conjunction with one another, resulting in what is called the entourage effect. So a few preliminary studies show that a full spectrum CBD oil is best, this will be 85-90% CBD and then it will have trace amounts of other cannabinoids and terpenes. However, CBD isolate is immensely effective and has been shown to have far more extensive health benefits with minimal, if any, side effects than any other cannabinoid including THC. But THC has health benefits, and again especially in conjunction with other cannabinoids. In particular, THC has been shown to have excellent analgesic properties. There are also studies on dementia that are promising. But THC is also psychoactive and so can have additional side effects. I would say try what works for you, and if that's pure CBD isolate, then you'll be just fine, since CBD is by far the most medicinal of all the phytochemicals in cannabis.

I do want to point out that CBD can also interact with medications. Studies are limited, but it seems like it can interfere with medications processing through the liver. It apparently acts like grapefruit. You can find all this information in the links I provided in my original post.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MAT52 (08-23-2018)