View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sorry you are struggling

My cholesterol is about the same as yours and I do not take statins. Every time I try to take them my neuropathy flares up - within days. I met with my neurologist at the Mayo Clinic and told him about my issues with statins and he said that one of the side effects of statins is neuropathy! So I watch my diet, especially carbs - and after 6 months my cholesterol dropped like 40 points. For me (the cause of my sensory neuropathy is erratic blood sugar) watching what I eat lowered all 3 types of cholesterol that they measure - including the one that is suppose to be family history and it doesn't change. Go figure - diet made a huge difference for me. It turned out I was eating WAY too much fruit - which quickly turns into sugar.

My dad had a stroke and my mother congestive heart disease and so this was a big worry for me - I'm thankful I found something that works for me.

One thing I have found in my 18 years of having Sensory Neuropathy is you just keep looking for help and it does come in many forms - diet, exercise, sometimes medication, sometimes help at this sight. Good luck!
Tina
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote