View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Small fiber sensory for over 18 year and in a BIG flare

Hi Friends -

Its been a rough month or so - as I mentioned I was diagnosed about 18 years ago and pretty stabilized on Lyrica and a narcotic with my neurologist at Mayo. Life is so limited, but it has been going along. I started in the beginning on Gabipentin and was at the max dose of 2400mg a day with many different pain relievers. But when Lyrica came along taken with a narcotic - it made a significant increase in my lifestyle so that I was able to get a part time job in a women's clothes store. Anyway - fast forward another 6 years or so - I had to let my job go as I got worse.

However, I live in major stress as my husband of over 40 years is bi-polar and went off his meds (again) and decided to move out. I mentioned this in another post so I apologize if I am repeating myself. This has cause a BIG flare up for me.

I am trying the CBD drops as well as the lotion - and it does seem to help with topical pain (lotion) -- with the drops I'm on 1000mg full spectrum and I'm in my second week now -- so we will see. I am only taking 50mg of Lyrica normally so I am taking two of them now. I am also on the Keto diet as my diagnosis is erratic blood sugar - and that has helped too. But nothing kicks stress!!!

Any ideas?? There is nothing worse that feeling like you have no control and are in a decline. I am getting therapy and distracting myself as much as possible and am hopeful for the CBD. Any more ideas? This pain is so exhausting -- it feels like heat is pouring out of the middle of my hands and the arches of my feet. It is a newer pain as normally I just had burning on my skin (which was hard enough) I hope and pray that time, increase in Lyrica and CBD will help. Any ideas?

Thanks for always being here -- this is so hard to manage alone and I've run out of ideas.
Tina
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote