View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyn View Post
From the conclusion:
"Importantly, the dose response of oligomeric alpha-synuclein and HVA changes to nilotinib suggests that the dose administered may depend on the stage of disease to potentially halt PD progression."

I had a lot of trouble understanding this sentence, and I found the PNT article to be of no help in that regard.

Assuming I've understood it correctly, here is an alternative wording that might (or might not!) be clearer:
"The dose-dependent decrease in oligomeric alpha-synuclein levels (and increase in HVA/DOPAC levels) suggests that (to potentially halt PD progression) the stage-of-disease may dictate the appropriate dose of nilotinib to administer."

Anyway, it seems to me that there is still a lot of research to be done to establish the correct dose for each stage of the disease. This might well affect the prospects for a fast-track approval.

Hopefully, another write-up will appear (from AlzForum, SoPD blog, ...) and shed some more light.
Is Radotinib ABL to beat Nilotinib? | The Science of Parkinson's

June 17, 2018 - The competition to stop/reverse Parkinson's is intense!

Our efforts to slow/halt the progression of Parkinson’s are attempting to attack the condition on many different fronts, and (as in the case of the cAbl-inhibitors and GLP-1 agonists – see previous post) we now have multiple weapons potentially available on some of those battle lines.

Ironically in another recent post I commented about the crazy pace of the research at the moment (Click here for that post), and this post is a perfect example of that manic speed. Just days after publishing fascinating results dealing with a novel GLP-1 agonist in models of Parkinson’s, that same research group – led by Prof Han Seok Ko of Johns Hopkins University Medical school – published the research report that was reviewed in this post dealing with a completely different type of drug that exhibits interesting properties in models of Parkinson’s.

A lot of excitement is associated with the efforts to re-purpose the cancer drug Nilotinib for Parkinson’s, and today’s post reinforces the idea that other pharmaceutical companies are also focusing on shifting similar ABL inhibitor drugs to neurodegenerative conditions.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Ilyang Pharmaceutical initiates clinical testing of Radotinib for Parkinson’s.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (10-18-2018), eds195 (08-28-2018), KNPV (08-28-2018)