View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 06:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sometimes I don't like what my therapist has to say and today was one of those days.

I still have a hard time falling asleep no matter how early I take my trazodone. Once I fall asleep though I sleep very well. According to my therapist, because I am still fighting with depression, I should not be in bed for anything other than sleeping at night. No resting, no naps, nothing but sleep at night. If I can't fall asleep in 15 minutes or less, then I should get out of bed and do something for a while until I am falling asleep doing whatever it is I am doing. If I go by that, then I will never fall asleep, never get any rest and it takes the one spot that I can comfortably elevate my leg when I have problems. I let her know this but she still stands by what she told me.

I know I am depressed and need to do more things to try to get out of it but if I don't have a place to relax then I think I will likely be more depressed and just want to do less than I already am.

Alaina
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-28-2018), Dmom3005 (08-28-2018), mymorgy (08-28-2018), OhKay (08-29-2018)