View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 09:39 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Broken Bridge - Need Advice

Hello- I am dealing with a bridge that has been bothering me for several months now. This is a 6 teeth bridge that starts with my front center-left tooth and goes back towards the left. It has been very sensitive and bleeds randomly at times. I went to a dental school for consultation but it did not turn out very well. Long story short they were very disorganized and just did not seem to know what they were doing. I went for a second opinion at a dental implant and perio-only doc. He did not really addressed the bridge but said that the root cause was me grinding my teeth a lot while sleeping. Okay, well I still have the issue of my bridge giving me issues which I have to address first, and last week a portion of the bridge broke. I went to another dental office, this time this office does general dentistry and implants in-house. The initial plan was to create two implants - one for the front tooth and one for the llast tooth of the existing bridge since one had a root canal and the other broke. The remaining 4 teeth would now be its own bridge. I was fine with this plan and was actually happy that finally there would be a solid plan. But I received a call today because after they’ve reviews the impression, the doctor does not feel that the implant will fit?? They are suggesting a roundhouse bridge but I really do not want to file down my good teeth to create even a longer bridge. Plus this is already becoming so costly. Any advice would help. I have read another post on this site about the roundhouse. Very informative and I understand that I should stay away from using bad teeth as support for a bridge. Thank you
Laila is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote