View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 12:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Tina,

Sure, I can try to help.

If THC doesn't work for you, then don't listen to anyone. Your body will tell you, and you can decide for yourself. THC can have great benefits, but it is known to cause the heart to race or just palpitations. It does that to me in high doses. That brings me to another point: if it does that to you, it's quite possible that it wouldn't at lower doses, which can be tempered by a high CBD strain or the addition of some CBD oil. If you want to try it, a 5:10 or even 10:1 might be the place to start.

As for dosage, that's complicated and partly or perhaps largely personal. You will have to experiment. From what you've said I don't know how many mg you take a day, but only the overall strength of your bottle. As a general note, you should increase the dosage as much as possible or to the point that you get maximum relief. You can slowly increase the dose. In studies, the doses are often upward of 1000-2000 mg a day! So you're safe. You really can take as much as you want. I know people who take hundreds of mg each day. Chronic pain requires higher doses. If you get GI upset or other symptoms, you might cut back a little. Your body will tell you. If you need higher doses and it becomes too expensive, try CBD isolate, which you can buy for $15-20 per gram. And if the lotion works for you, go nuts with it.

Yes, studies seem to suggest a steady use of CBD will ensure a well functioning endocannabinoid system, which interacts with and is responsible for many things in the body, including the immune system. CBD is out of the body within hours to day and some say maximum a week. There was a study done where even heavy users had no traces in their body within a week or less.

Regarding drug interactions, both CBD and THC can do that. CBD apparently makes medication that is processed through the liver less effective. You can find some very limited research on this online. I don't know about THC myself, but it's likely there are issues there too. I would say speak with your doctor, but very few will have a competent answer for you, since one would need to know about the endocannabinoid system and how each cannabinoids works with the different receptors in the body.

I hope some of this is helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaanne View Post
DavidHC - well I live in state where it is still illegal - but close enough to another state that it is legal and have thought about trying it. I tried "butter" one time (luckily I used half of what was given me) and my heart went racing like crazy, which consequently increased my pain - I am on a narcotic and have worried that mixing the two might be too much, but I take it around the clock. I am serious about finding out more about the 3:1 - my brother who had throat cancer is on 1:1 and swears it would help me -- but again worried about the heart and the mixing - I don't want to be another statistic.

Also, since you are "the resident" CBD expert - I'm on the 1000mg like I mentioned and wondered how much to take a day (I'm doing like 4x times a day) and I'm close to my second week - so how much in your opinion should a person take - the health food store said as much as I want - but that doesn't seem to smart. As I mentioned the lotion has been HUGE in pain relief for me. AND do you think it is a cumulative thing? Thank you so very much

Tina
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote