View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 01:26 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Alaina, I'm sorry that you're still having a hard time falling asleep after you take the Trazodone

Your pdoc's "advice" is the same as what most doctors recommend... but you don't have to adhere to those guidelines, especially if you know that doing things that way will not work out for you.

Getting out of bed after 15 minutes of sleeplessness doesn't work for everyone (I know it makes things worse for me). I think it takes most people longer than that to fall asleep anyway. I wouldn't worry about following that "rule."

I would try to take the Trazodone at the same every night, or within the same time frame most nights, and get into bed about 30-45min after, once it has had some time to work. I think that will help. Going to bed too soon after you take it is going to leave you tossing and turning.

If you feel like you really need to rest or nap, then do it, but keep it brief. Most doctors recommend about 20 minutes, but I find that laughable... just don't sleep the day away.

I hope that you start having an easier time falling asleep soon
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-29-2018), Dmom3005 (08-29-2018), mymorgy (08-29-2018), PurpleFoot721 (08-29-2018)