View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kryslegx,

I haven't checked this site in nearly 9 years. As a TN survivor, I can hopefully give you some straightforward advice. If you have insurance, and your GP has diagnosed you with TN, then I would immediately ask for a referral to a Neurologist. Request the Neurologist run an MRI on your skull. If you have any blood vessels rubbing the trigeminal nerve, then the Neurologist will hopefully be able to see it in the scan. This may save you many years of trying to find the root cause.

I did every kind of treatment over about a 5 year period. I finally went under the knife for a Micro Vascular Decompression (MVD) procedure. Had I known the recovery would be so quick and permanent I would have elected to do it 5 years earlier and saved myself a tremendous amount of suffering, high medication use, thousands in unsuccessful remedies likes cryo therapy, chiropractics, carbamazepine, lyrica, etc. etc.

I wish you the best in finding a solution to your TN. Pain free living is truly amazing and not to be taken for granted as I'm sure you are now aware. As a fellow 'former' TN victim, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Stay strong!

Todd
thedspeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote