View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Hi,
Well, On Thursday I had two teeth extracted one on back top left and one on bottom left back. I got novicane and the gas. One tooth had a bad cavity on the side of it, the other was in bad shape from gum disease.

Not the ones I thought, but the x-ray's showed different, then the Dentist tapped my teeth with some instrument to see if I agreed with him and the x-rays (I did not know which he and the x-rays showed) well we were right on).

I am once again on anti-biotics, penicillin for 6 or so days. My pain is just about gone, it's just mostly JAW pain now and sore, which is from getting the bottom tooth out, looks like a big hole like the grand canyon, thank God you can't see it when I open my mouth or smile.

All in all, I have gum disease, because I have receding gums. So, I have a long way to go with getting some fillings fixed, then onto a periodentist for the gum disease which scares me even more.

So far the migraines are Gone, I can't complain, only blame myself for not going to the dentist.

My CAREINGTON Ins. which is under USA Dental is GREAT. It would of been $320.00 but it was only $53.40 that was a huge PLUS for me.

I stayed in bed all day yesterday, been living on yogart, soup, lemonade, water. Because I woke up Friday at 4am with a fever, but it went away, when I got back up later on. Last night I woke up all sweaty, not sure what that is all about, I think too many meds that I have been taking prior to seeing the dentist to self medicate.

Chewing won't be happening due to my TMJ for a bit of time.

Today it's sore and itchy, no stitches though. I go back on Aug 9th for a complete set of x-rays and complete exam. Had to first get the pain issue out of the way.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, hope this was most of the migraine problem. It had to be. I really liked the dentist he was nice and down to earth and said it like it was. He asked if I needed pain killers but I said no, I had wrote down what I take anyway. Actually, Bayer 325 have been helping a lot. But I do need to take the penicillin.

Hugs, Nikko