View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 07:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Eric,

I'll chime in as well as I too have CRPS in my right foot! Since 2008, started after a fusion surgery of the front most bone on my big toe. Dang the luck. But you have more going on than I do and I am sorry for that. It's a tough schlog that we have here......

I have gone the gamut of meds (won't list all of them), since my diagnosis, but my cocktail of meds for a number of years now is Gabapentin (1800 mg daily) along with Amitriptyline, which is an old fashioned trycyclic antidepressant that is used more off label for pain than it is for depression. Also some Tramadol for breakthrough pain.

I used to take a considerable amount of Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) but about a year ago I developed a parasitic infection from lake water called Cryptosproidium (again, dang the luck!!) and as my use of NSAIDS may have contributed to my complications with this parasite; I now have an inflammatory bowel disease, I no longer can take any NSAIDS because they are hard on the gut, even the 81 mg low dose aspirin that I was taking.

Keep things moving!! I have a friend who is a Physical Therapist and he taught me what I need to know to do my daily PT session. I have to do it every single day. Or I suffer. Be disciplined on movement.

I have no opinion on the pain pump, but many here will and should chime in. From what I have seen, it works for some but definitely not for all. And there are risks.

Best of luck to you; keep us updated!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (09-01-2018)