View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 02:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for this. Well I think my SFN is pretty severe since it affects my entire body. But neurologists have implied that any damage has been done already and my sensitivity to it is heightened by chronic fatigue of Sjögren’s ie I feel the loss of sensation through poor proprioception, tremors and weakness in peripheries .

I think that this makes some sense as have read that controlling involuntary movements takes good muscle control and actually uses up a lot of mental and physical energy. So if fatigue is very severe then we can’t control our body movements or power our limbs properly. I’ve never slept a night through in my life without a strong sleeping pill - which I treat myself to about once a week. And I have systemic disease so this means that cumulatively my body is attacking itself and also failing to regulate itself simultaneously.

What I still dislike is the term functional as used by doctors because all this means I’m anything but!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote