15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Friend

I think I'd remind the case manager, to remind your former case manager
that Hippa is in effect. That he isn't allowed to share any information with
anyone about you. That its against the law.

I think I'd also be asking how this former case manager got that information
also. Because it shouldn't be something they have either if not on your
case now.

Donna

Brokenfriend

I am so sorry that you're having to deal with this as well as your current health problems.

Donna brought up some very good and valid points. What your former case manager did was illegal. And you have rights.

I'm not sure if you have an attorney but you can call Legal Aid in your state/county to speak with someone who can help you. Here is a link to help you find what's available to you. Cost is based on ability to pay so you may qualify for free services. If you click on the "contact us" button it will take you to a page where you can share your contact information and also describe your situation/problem.

legalaidlegalservices.org

I know this may seem daunting and overwhelming but just finding a venue that can truly help you can make all the difference. Things can and will get better. Sometimes you just have to know where to look and know what your rights are.

Praying for you.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-01-2018), Brokenfriend (09-01-2018), Dmom3005 (09-01-2018), ger715 (09-01-2018), mymorgy (09-01-2018), OhKay (09-01-2018), PurpleFoot721 (09-01-2018)