View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

No, MG is definitely not fun. And even when MG is stable, the disease can still surprise us. I'm glad you have eye doctors who help you!

There's only so much that can be done with the eye muscles in MG. Some people on immunosuppressants don't have issues. Pred only does so much, and hurts so much more. When the eyes are worse, that's a sign that MG is worse elsewhere.

Also, due to the pressure on the eye, you might be prone to retinal issues. So I hope you will seek out care if you see any floaters.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but if you haven't already had your B12 checked, please do. Sore to the touch sounds like a nerve issue (or inflammation).

Is the balance issue from MG? Might you have something else going on? Don't assume all symptoms are from MG.

I wish I had never heard of MG. Sure, some people do great. But its the unrelenting nature of this illness that is so hard to cope with day in and day out. A great attitude helps. But that's kind of like being in denial! I'm grateful there are people who are unaffected by MG. But there are a lot of people who continue to struggle. (Rant over).

I hope you will find some relief!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote