View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 10:37 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Pain 6 weeks after dental extraction

Hello everyone. I am new here but wanted to post a question. I had a dental infection 10 weeks ago. I didn't know it. I had a filling on tooth #4 3 months ago. The sensitivity never went away after and the dentist told me not to worry about it. Then 10 weeks ago I found a painful lump (gum boil/abscess) in my gum that shot pain to the root tip. I was given 16 days of 500 mg keflex 4x per day.

Fast forward. An attempted root canal 6 weeks ago turned into a broken tool in my root. Which turned into an extraction. I had very firm thick roots. The dentist said it was the toughest extraction he has ever done out of 6000. Almost the whole tooth came out with a crunch though they did have to dig out one root tip. The dentist said to get ready for pain. And pain it was. For two weeks excruciating pain. Checked multiple times, no infection was visible. It seemed to be healing normally.

4 weeks post extraction and it was still hurting. Very painful to push in the gums toward the front of my mouth in my gun line. Went back to the dentist. He said we was almost positive my buccal bone was fractured when the tooth came out because of how it came out. He said it could hurt for 6 to 8 weeks. No imaging was performed.

Now 6 weeks post op and it is still very painful to push on though fine otherwise. The actual extraction site doesn't hurt. When I push on the front of the gum line where the tooth extracted it is very sensitive and painful. I was told "just don't push on it." Thoughts? Should I get a second opinion? Has anyone heard of this? I had a CBC done and white blood cells were normal. I still have a swollen lymph node in my neck on the opposite side of the tooth that was extracted. It is still large and tender (and has been for 2 months).
Notthedentistagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote