View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cholesterol low in most PWP

This is very interesting, because from what I have read, most PWP tend to be low in cholesterol and vitamin D (this is true for us and has always been the case, never ever had a cholesterol problem and tested on the low end).

I personally believe most drugs are over-scripted for many reasons, including profit and CYA (what doc wants to be sued for NOT prescribing a statin if the patient has a heart attack down the road?), so there are probably a lot of folks out there getting statins for whom a better therapy, or no therapy, might be better.

PD is complicated, but I think a big part of the complication comes from the fact that everything in our body is related and as the disease progresses, more and more parts of the body become affected and/or affected to another degree. If we could study very early diagnosed PWP and try serious nutritional interventions (like a keto diet, a paleo diet, etc.), we might be able to give the body what it needs to correct itself and get back on track. The longer the disease has been at play, the harder that is going to be, IMHO. One imbalance/nutritional deficiency leads to another one, which triggers yet another one, and so on, making it impossible to figure out and fix until we get to the original issue. It's like trying to control a flooding river when the dam upstream has burst and no one is fixing THAT.

And just to complicate things even more, every one is different, so what works for one PWP may not work as well or at all for another. But it would be a start. It can't be any worse than what we've been doing for the past 50+ years. Again just my .02.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NancyRothwell (09-05-2018)