View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 10:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Okay, so started looking it up. My joints have never been hypermobile, not in the least. With the most recent ankle thing, the doc said my bones were beautiful, actually, and there was no looseness at all in the ankle. They are just swelling up and getting extremely painful, over NOTHING. Have had a tendon or two split DOING NOTHING, unless lifting my arm off my lap into the air is doing something worthy of splitting the ECU. The first big ankle problem, where I ended up in a boot for a month, having done nothing to it, the docs all swore that I actually had injured it several days before without realizing it, and it just waited several days to swell up and get sore. Really. That was their story and they're still sticking to it. Isn't it great to know that you can badly sprain your ankle, but not feel it or have any pain or swelling or indication of injury until four to seven days later?

I am not making this stuff up. When the latest corporation to buy out our hospital and medical systems moved in, all the good doctors left. Left the state, really. The ones left are the ones who couldn't get new jobs, or disrupt their families. The corporate rules have them clock in and out their patients, and they get disciplined if they waste too much time on treating people. They are not allowed to change or contradict a coworker (I got that straight from a manager's mouth when she called to cancel my appointment with another doc in the same group as one I had seen already but he was such a jerk I wanted another, nope, not allowed), so there's no second opinions or review of anything. Not allowed to diagnose without confirming lab work. Not allowed to refer to doctors outside the system unless there is no equivalent doc owned by the system. Not allowed to diagnose something that isn't coded in the system, like sero-negative mg. It just sucks.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote