View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Fever after abscessed tooth extraction

Hi I'm new here and have been looking for information about what could cause a low grade fever 3 weeks after an abcsessed tooth extraction.
I had a tooth that had a filling and had been aching for some time after the filling with some kind of nerve pain when I sucked it. It felt like there was a hole and not properly filled. At the time my mum was unwell and went to hospital so I was waiting for her to have her op to get it checked and in the meantime it swelled and went on 6 packs of augmentin forte for the infection so dentist could not work in it until infection went ..But the infection didn't go and in the meantime my mum suddenly passed away so had to put it off and u ended up getting really unwell ..I finally went to the dentist who did a root canal but the fevers and chills didn't go so I went and asked for it to be pulled out..this all in 5 days..The hole from the extraction didn't clot but was filled with gel and stitched and although I was really sick for about 10 days I did not get dry socket ..The problem is that it has now been over 3 weeks and I still have low grade fever that comes and goes and dentist that pulled it said there was no infection and my doctor said I cannot take no lore antibiotics as I have taken so many..I just dont get why I would.still be getting low grade fever and has anyone else had this?
I am starting to worry and got blood tests done but my dr said all seemed ok with blood tests except for low b12.
Any advice or info would be very appreciated.
Thank you
Xtine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote