View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 05:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Good thought, Abby.

I was wondering about lupus or Lymes. Have you been tested for those?

Annie
Been tested for Lymes many times. I would assume Lupus testing is all those same things that go with looking for RA.

Once, about a year and almost a half ago, my sed rate was really high, 130, for no good reason. And once, the rheumatoid factor thing was just barely positive, and there were results/description after the sub-tests/breakdown things they do, talking about nucleus appearance or something. But after that, everything is fine. My bloodwork is always fine. I'm healthy as a friggin' horse.

Although--I have thalassemia minor, where you are heterozygous for thalassemia, so you carry the trait but with no problems, other than your red blood cells are smaller than normal, but you have more than normal of them, so it all evens out. I'm Italian on my mother's side, and other family members have been found with this, also; so doctors have never officially tested for it, they are satisfied that's what it is. And I have long wondered if maybe the slightly funny blood composition from thal minor might have some effect on the other results, so that you get the false negatives or close to but not quite out of range results. But I haven't been able to find anything about that, and I'm having such eye problems that I really can't go looking for info.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote