View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh, I heal, and heal, and heal.......I get hypertrophic scars, and keloid scars. Big, thick, invasive, persistent. Not atrophic like is described for E-D.

I also have about zero tolerance for pain killers. Anything stronger than aspiring, tylenol, and ibuprofen, and I am a sick, dizzy, nauseous, horrid puddle of misery curled up on the couch, unable to lift my head or get to the bathroom without someone pretty much carrying me. Sometimes with migraines as well from certain painkillers.

Head/eye socket surgery is NOT going to go over well. Let alone I get so sick from even just twilight anesthesia--could be a week or more of dizzy and nauseous, and sometimes I start itching all over, too, and I also can't take antihistamines as I react badly to those, as well. Had glaucoma surgery six months ago, insertion of a drainage stent, and I did that fully awake, with just topicals, to avoid ending up so sick as usual. For "same day" surgeries, that most people go home an hour later, I run about 50% I make it home that day, but not until about 8 hours later, and 50% end up in the hospital overnight because I am too sedated and/or sick to be released. For the eye, the anesthesiologist was standing right there, ready to fill me with her crap at the slightest excuse, so I focused on the beeping of the heart rate monitor and on keeping it steady while the doc put the clamps and injections and then the device all in my eye, so I would stay perfectly calm and not give the anestheologist any chance to make me sick. If nothing else, just for spite for the big argument she put up beforehand about how I had to have something (doc had agreed to do it with only topicals, but anesth was having a fit over it) until finally we had gotten to the point where I shouted, fully shouted, "I SAID NO!!!!" at her, and since the whole place heard it, she had to concede.

No matter what, short of a miracle where whatever it is just miraculously vanishes, there is no good end to this.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote