View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ali!

Sounds like you are having a really rough time at the moment. Coming off gabapentin is rough - many people do find it hard to do it and it can make the unsteadiness worse for a while - you have only been off it 36 hours so give it a bit longer. If you have done biology at school you might have covered how long it takes to get rubbish (like tablets) out of your kidneys and liver - it can take a couple of weeks sometimes which is why you sometimes go through something like withdrawel and then feel abit rubbish for a couple of days, as the medication is still sitting inside your body and making you feel bad!! I know how embarrasing it is to have to have your parents help you. I have RSD and another disease of my neurological system and am in a wheelchair and have to have lots of help from carers and my family and friends.

Swelling is unfortunatly a common issue with RSD and I remember many times going Oh, I now look like a balloon! my arm/ leg etc is now a million times larger! oops! and they get SO SO HEAVY!!!! But keeping it up and stuff does help - I said it in another thread.

About threads, please could you answer them? Just I sometimes don't know if you get my emails and as it takes me a while to type them it is hard to type the same thing again and again and again! Sorry to be difficult, but just a Cool, or an ok would rock!

I got this at 16 and it is very, very hard to live with, but, you get through it and at your age you have a very good chance of getting better

Loads of love and feel free to PM (private message) me whenever!!!

Frogga xxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote