View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 07:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Can you dig up that ANA?

A positive ANA is not nothing, along with a sed rate of 130! Good grief. Don't see that rheumatologist again.

The thing with lupus is that it can come and go, depending upon exacerbating factors. Some people have signs all the time though. Test results can also be positive and then negative. Those tests are best to do when someone is in a flare. I volunteered for the locus lupus foundation, which is why I got to know the disease so well. Well, that and a couple docs thought for a number of years that I might have it (don't).

You can do things with your diet that would help inflammation. Are you interested, or have you already made adjustments?

Thanks for bringing that up, Kiwi. I know she mentioned that before but it's a few posts back!

Get those results and share if you can! You need a very good rheumatologist.

Annie
I remember it was barely positive, like if the limit of normal is 1:40, then mine was 1:80, whatever one step past normal is. There were two staining patterns noted and described pretty sure one was speckled and maybe some nucleolar also? I think that's what I remember, having just now looked up the names to jog my mind.

The high SED rate and the borderline ANA came at different times, different rounds of blood tests. I don't think the ANA has been repeated, or else it was just once and was normal that time. Sed rate went back to normal.

Late this spring and summer, everything was just awful, worst ever. No one wanted blood tests. Now it's calmed down somewhat, or I've just gotten used to it and adapted, or I think of it as "absorbed" it, take it as the new normal and reset the scale to "this is zero" and only note or acknowledge pain and/or problems above and beyond where I am now. Will see a different rheumatologist in 4 months (their next available appointment), which will be 7 months after this most recent, worst round of pain and problems. So, who knows what, if anything, will be going on then, and I expect to get turfed again.

I would be interested in hearing the diet changes. Not really capable of looking things up myself right now, with the ongoing and progressive eye problems. Places like this site, I can blow up the screen really large to read, it works. (hold ctrl and scroll up to enlarge, scroll down to shrink it back down, or hold ctrl and hit + repeatedly to enlarge, - repeatedly to bring it back down, and ctrl 0 (zero) to get back to normal when you've gone up and down so much you are lost) But many sites don't work well with being enlarged, have bad fonts and/or colors, are difficult to navigate because if I don't know where the buttons/clicks are I have to look around for them and looking around doesn't work hardly at all for me right now, and then reading new info with all the rest of the difficulties it just doesn't "go in" (think of it as trying to hear complex directions while in a very noisy, crowded, busy room where you are being jostled around while trying to hear the directions shouted over the noise of everyone else shouting directions at each other) and I have to go over it over and over but that makes eyes and head hurt ....

So anyway, yes, if you could give me some simple guidelines to start with, that would be great.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote