View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 05:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Anita. I did explain to her that I don’t like the term “functional overlay” and would prefer to have skin biopsies. I always suspect the bottom line is that they can blame an awful lot on fatigue and this so called functional overlay I’d they aren’t relying on anything beyond my own description of SFN symptoms to diagnose it.

But I was so bombed out with the Diazepam and other pain meds for fractured ribs (still pretty painful 3 weeks on) that I had a job articulating this much.

I see her again in mid December and I don’t think my SFN is progressing just now despite no treatment. Nor are the tremors or disequilibrium worsening so it could well be that what I have now is the result of existing damage.

The one thing they can’t reasonably explain say is that my fatigue or pain are “functional” because my inflammatory markers are far too high for my symptoms to be explained by anything other than uncontrolled Sjögren’s inflammation.

I did say this to thus new neurologist and have made the same point to my physiotherapist and GPs. My rheumatologist has confirmed this too. So hopefully by December I will be feeling more determined again to ask her why they don’t biopsy my skin to confirm my SFN as the protocol suggests that they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (09-15-2018)