View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 09:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

winic 1, You don't know until you try (this latest suggestion).

First, I am not a nutritionist or a doctor. These are only my views. You should consult with a doctor and/or nutritionist (and do research) before starting any new diet plan!

The book "Grain Brain" is brilliant. Grains are not that good for us. There are vegetable-derived noodles, such as Miracle Noodles, that are a low-carb alternative to grains.

Foods that are inflammatory are beef, pork, dairy, and sugar. Anti-inflammatory foods/spices are many, including tumeric, cinnamon, mushrooms, vitamin c, berries, vegetables (dark green ones), and so much more. Drinking lots of good water is very important to flushing toxins out of our bodies. Lyprinol is thought to be a great anti-inflammatory (made from mussels), and good for arthritis. But not enough trials have been done.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/307121/

If you have lupus, you shouldn't have alfalfa sprouts. They contain an amino acid called L-canavanine, which can increase inflammation.

Having good proteins throughout the day, very good vegetables, a small amount of fruits (since even natural sugars can cause inflammation in some people), good fats (walnuts, olive oil, olives, etc.), and foods low in starchy carbs is a great food diet to stay healthy. Again, just my opinion.

You need to make sure you have plenty of B12, folic acid, and vitamin D. If you eat like the above, you don't need dairy for calcium and calcium supplements. But knowing your baseline electrolytes and vitamin levels is a good idea.

That's about all I have right now. I hope others will chime in.

Please don't tell me that no one will help you. You just haven't found them yet. More than likely, you have red flags all over your chart. Doctors get scared when patients are upset. So pour on the sweetness!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote