View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canna View Post
I had it in June. The surgery part was easy physically. I had some volatile mood swings for about a month after. My programming is not optimized yet and that is frustrating but still. I am more coordinated, thinking and planning better and more independent than I was before I had it.

The surgery is completed in such a short period of time and there is so much emphasis on that part. If you read the info carefully, you will find that it may take six months or more to get a good stimulator and meds combination. If you have other specific questions. I'll give it a go.
I had DBS surgery 2 years ago and am so glad I did. I was able to reduce/eliminate my right sided tremor. Yeah! I think the DBS voltage affects my speech a little but not enough to matter. My Surgeon is one of the best in the US and the surgery was no big event, kinda fun in fact. Talking with the Doc during surgery was fun. Of course I'm an engineer so was fascinated by the details! Having a good programmer is critical to fine tune the DBS. If you have an experienced surgeon and DBS programmer, I highly recommend DBS surgery if the docs are fairly certain that DBS will help!
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote