View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 05:19 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Gabapentin

Congratulations to anyone who was helped by Gabapentin. My wife took it on Doc's orders to control her Peripheral Neuropathy but had a really bad reaction so we had to drop it.
She took half of a prescribed 300 unit pill and when I went to check on her, (she was sitting in her chair"), she said she was freezing so I got a blanket and a heating pad and set her up. A few minutes later I went to check on her and the heating pad and blanket were on the floor and she was still shaking. I said, what happened? She said, "I don't know" and was really unable to communicate rationally. Zonked out completely. Couldn't get out of the chair or walk so with the help of a very strong Son and a lot of effort we got her into bed.
Needless to say, no more Gabapenten. I guess it helps some but not my wife for sure ! Now we are trying a plant based diet and CBD to help her. Just started the diet so we shall see if that helps. I sure hope something does because the nerve pain just takes away your quality of life. Nice to be here to compare notes. Regards , Geovani !
Geovani is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-25-2018)