View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 08:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info. Not so far off how we eat anyway, or try to.

Hubby's father has been in the hospital for two weeks. Today we got word that there is nothing more to do other than call in Hospice. Hubby just left to drive to his brother's house an hour away, then very very early morning they are driving to a New York airport and flying to Florida to meet up with their other siblings who are also flying in. Hubby and this brother can only stay until Sunday, but at least they get a chance to say goodbye. Dad is almost 92. Their mother has middle-stage alzheimers, and now has to go to memory care, as the assisted living place they are in is not set up to provide the supervision and care she needs without Dad there. She's only 78.

I have a 16 year old who doesn't drive yet, who is in school all day and then dance classes after school until evening (going to be a professional dancer, so dance is important), and a neighbor who will help out with rides and whatever. Very few neighbors by us, the other helpful one is out of the country right now, then there are two elderly ones and one we never see. Two dogs, two cats, two degus, and 60 birds, finches and budgies, in 8 large cages. Going to be a very rough week, mostly on my own since child is not home much and has massive homework every night (senior, taking AP classes.) Wish me luck. Tho, I figure as long as every one gets fed, and all pee and poop ends up in appropriate places or the yard, we are good. Anything beyond that is extra.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote