View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 03:43 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I had a vivid dream after I was anesthetized for back surgery. I have partial amnesia regarding that day and the next in the hospital, but that dream - unlike others that I've had - has stuck with me. I can still imagine how one of the characters looked. It was so realistic that I struggled for awhile to figure out how those events fit into my actual life, which of course they didn't.

The anesthesia seems to have affected my thought processes for about three days after the surgery. I can't remember much about that period, and I remember several things taking place that may have bee imaginary - like the other guy in my room keeping me awake by playing familiar African music all night.

When I was "coming to" after a previous surgery, I felt intense terror, like I was dying. It was worse than any actual pain I've ever endured.

I dread the prospect of ever being anesthetized again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I had surgery on Tuesday with general anesthesia. Ever since getting home I have had the most vivid dreams I've ever had. Even the dreams I had while taking LDN don't compare with these. It's like watching a movie in 3D! Nothing really scary but just bizarre and things I haven't been thinking of (well, not consciously ). The last one was about my deceased husband and it was as real as it gets! I really had to lay there and think about it before I got up. Was it real? It sure seemed like it. I know it was just a dream but has this happened to anyone else? I sort of can't wait to go back to sleep to see what's in the next exciting episode!
Gurney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote