Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 04:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome & how I do it

I am still employed but got run off of my last two jobs by intimidation and denigration. I had college too (Bachellor of Science) and I am trying to study for my boards, but other medical problems keep me from studying effectively. I scored 33% on my exam so I am embarrassed to discuss my challenges with colleagues, who give me worthless, non-applicable advice. There was a back stabber at my last job who was struggling with health problems of his own. He told HR that I was mean to him (he did not know I knew). Many were mean to me. He later got fired and apologized to me, and now I consider him a friend. I hope I wasn't mean, I try not to be. I am in a supportive environment at my new job, but still can't study for my boards. I find that an ergonomic workspace that includes drop keyboard, screen close enough for blind people, and working from home allow me to continue my career. I miss out on most networking things unless it happens by Skype. I lost 4 weeks of vacation by changing jobs so my biggest feat is to try to build up personal time. But I am allowed to "buy" personal time if I don't have enough. My TN is not as severe as my other problems (yet, fingers crossed). However I had a long period where I could not talk, and my requests to accommodate that were denied at my last job, and I got a lot of disrespect and was told to go on disability until I was better. I don't think I will ever be better and I am happier and healthier if I can work. I would not be able to afford care if I did not. You have a much tougher road to travel than I do. Please let me know by private message if I can help with job leads or whatever. My field is Engineering.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote