View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 03:59 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradcym View Post
Was diagnosed 2weeks ago after trip to ER and running several test and taking a lot of blood. I have Dr appt on Tuesday and was wondering what questions do I need to be asking?
I’m currently taking 90 mg mestinonin (3X day). It hasn’t seemed to help much with anything other than eye drooping. I still have muscle weakness, some blurred vision, fogginess, and sometimes can’t chew food. Hoping for answers to help with these issues. A neighbor was diagnosed with this several yrs ago and after plasma treatments went into remission and has been that way for 5yrs. Would love to try and be blessed to have same results.. When I left Hospital Dr told me they didn’t have results of blood test, but he was going treat me as though I had MG since 1st dose had just about cleared up eye drooping. I’m also curious if anyone has had any luck with CBD oil? Thanks!
You are having a breakthrough, meaning your Mestinon isn't doing the job. This is how it goes. They put you on Mestinon and when you fail that drug you will be given "more serious drugs", as my neurologist put it. I was recently put on Cellcept 1gm twice a day. I must say I have already got some relief from the pain, or the rain has moved on. I am also going to start IVIG. I am a nurse. I am an infusion nurse. I've had my own infusion company and treated patients with autoimmune disorders. I would suggest asking for IVIG. I cannot take steroids (had a bait of that taking chemo) If you can stay off steroids, do so. That is the cure that kills. Prednisone is effective; but you are left steroid dependent, blood sugar issues, psychological issues as it can make you crazy, etc. I am using CBD; but it isn't the end all of treatment as some would suggest. Until it becomes "legal" I don't know the quality per bottle. I truly believe in Immune Globulin for Myasthenia Gravis. Let me know how you do!
6thCranialNerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote