View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 01:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi there,

Yes, that could work, and CBD and THC are meant to be taken together, so you would be just fine. In fact, if you take the THC and then don't like the effect, you can minimize it by taking more CBD as the latter works against THC and reduces the psychotropic effect of the cannabinoid. Too much CBD and you just won't feel the THC at all. A 1:1 ratio will still be pretty psychoactive.

And yes, that is pricey, but standard unfortunately. There are cheap ways to go if you need higher doses of CBD for medicine, in particular by purchasing CBD isolate and making your own edibles, tincture and balm.

I'm not sure how suitable it will be for a quality trial. Ingestion unfortunately significantly reduces the bioavailability and delays the onset. So it's pretty wasteful and difficult to measure the dosage needed. The use of tincture or smoking/vaping is easier to control and the effect is immediately noticeable. It also significantly increases the bioavailability so there is much less waste. However, there is some limited evidence that the effect of ingestion lasts longer and is more systematic, whatever that means. I would try various methods and see what works best for you. Only you'll know what's best for you and only after you've tried various methods of consumption. Ingestion works well for many people.

Dosage is also something you'll have to figure out on your own. I guess if I were you, I'd try one gummy a day for a couple of days and see how that goes. Then increase slowly. And if you want to see what each cannabinoid does for you, don't take both at once, at least initially.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote