View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 04:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Relapse after singing

I was doing better lately. One week ago I decided to try singing (~30 minutes) to see whether I am recovered enough to join a choir. I was an avid singer before PCS and I though my brain would like the reminiscence of these good old times. Since then I am having an absurd relapse, not a small setback but something similar to my prior concussions. I can't even concentrate enough to listen to an audiobook or have a 10 minute conversation. I don't understand why. Is it the physical effort from singing?

My hobbies before PCS were playing music / singing / exercising, and now I cannot tolerate any of this. Doctors told me to try to reintroduce these activities in my daily life to avoid depression and get my brain used to it again but every attempt leads to a setback or full relapse. My last attempt to exercise involved 4 minutes on a stationary bike at 75 bpm and I had to stay home / in bed for a week after that. Should I keep trying or just give it up? Did any of you manage to find and enjoy new hobbies compatible with our condition? I am 2 years into PCS and my last concussion was 9 months ago. Thank you.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote