View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 02:01 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hello, Dizmissjewels, your vaccination experience seems similar to mine in that they didn't infiltrate/inject immunoglobulin around the bat bites in my hand...said it was too bony. The Imovax went into the left deltoid, and the immunoglobulin into each thigh and the right deltoid. You have probably read my saga along with the others here. I am now one year and eight months out from being bitten and vaccinated. Currently, I'm having a very good run of time with very few symptoms, just the occasional tingling in the bottom of the feet, and occasional myoclonus as I fall asleep. I don't know if the rabies paranoia ever will leave. I always enjoyed the outdoors, but am now edgy around our woodpile, and old houses. I still have been back to our daughter's house only briefly one time and couldn't wait to get out of there. I won't stay over night or for any lengthy visit until they have the place inspected for bats. They're working on it, but the old place is still full of holes. In August I went hiking in the woods, and had a really good time with no anxiety over the wildlife factor. But bats....I hope never to see another bat as long as I live. If you are reacting to the vaccine as you described, you may have a bit of a rough ride ahead. All I can say is be encouraged by what you read here. Most of us come out O.K.

Last edited by Batbite24; 09-24-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote