View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

After more thought I am pretty sure that the Tinel signal is advancing. I mean it is still at the original location, but I don't think that it extended up to 1/2 inch below it at the beginning, but that it was more local.
And also I think that the signal is now bit stronger at the distal part, but not sure about it.
I hope that it will continue to fade at the 'injury' site and that I won't have any lasting neuroma. I should probably just be patient and give it time because it seems that it is healing very slowly.

But I am still baffled how I got axonal injury without any serious trauma.

As for the suspected AIN syndrome (rare upper extremity nerve palsy), I hope that I will finally get definite diagnosis after the next EMG. At least it is something that is treatable (with surgery) in most cases if it doesn't heal on its own, so I hope that it is nerve compression and not undiagnosed severe muscle injury. (Well but in both cases the worst case can be mostly solved with tendon transfer)
I didn't mention it but in the MRI there were hints of deveneration of the pronator quadratus muscle. this is one of the reasons why AIN syndrome is highly suspected. So I just hope that in my next EMG the neurologist will finally listen to the doctor instructions (and my verbal instructions...).
EKOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote