Thread: Spreading??
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Spread is not uncommon with CRPS. That being said, not everything that we feel may be related to spread is actually spread.

I am going through something a bit similar. I have CRPS in my right foot. I have had some symptoms in my left leg and foot that even my podiatrist feels could be spread. I had a 3 phase bone scan done in the left leg but that was inconclusive, which doesn't mean that it couldn't be CRPS, but might not be.

I am now going to see other doctors now to get their opinions. One feels that it could be spread; but yet another thinks it likely isn't spread and could be idiopathic polyneuropathy where some of the symptoms are subtle and could mimic spread.

What I can recommend is that you take a 500 mg of vitamin C daily which is something you will see mentioned many times in this forum and others which may help in preventing spread.

Other than that, it sounds like you are doing all of the right things. Desensitization and aqua therapy are both excellent and highly recommended. As easy as it is to say and as hard as it is to do, try to not let your mind race. This is a marathon. Stay on it, stay the course. A positive mental attitude is imperative no matter what!

Best of luck and keep us updated!
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote