View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 11:46 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Just Joined This Evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by glxpassat View Post
Any updates on taking Gabapentin? I was on it starting off with 300 mg 3 times per day. I noted the nerve pain was not as bad, but I was like a walking zombie.

My doctor wanted to continue but with a much lower dose. 100 mg 1 times per day. Well I'm stopping it as it's not helping at all, but the fatigue is there.

Would like to hear other opinions on the results of taking Gabapentin for nerve damage?

tia ~Becca
Good Evening / Morning All,
I just joined tonight, so please forgive improprities on my part.
Diagnosed with PN 7+ yrs ago that began as symmetrical numbness in soles of both feet that has progressed to severe PN in both legs.
Been on gababentine, 3200 MG daily, since initial diagnosis .
Stated baclofen 10+ yrs ago for c4-c7 injuries, 90 MG daily. Dr. started me on ropinirol 1 yr ago for related leg cramping, recently increased from 2 MG to 6 MG daily Very difficult for me to separate effects of combined meds from PN / spinal injuries. Balance is a problem now which I'm told goes with PN. Other than initial fatigue, none of these 3 meds have been problematic. Had meds others in the past that did give me trouble which I had to stop. The PN pain is constant but tolerable. Opiates were ineffective unless taken in such quantity that the sedation became worse than the disease. I'm still reasonably active but experience "severe cramping" when I've over - exerted .
I'm glad to be a part of your group and look forward to your insights.
Good night!
briley7333 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote