View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 01:13 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default 22 year old male SFN - burning feet

Hello, I'm not even sure what I have as nothing has been found yet but I just wanted to share story here to see if anyone here is familiar with my issues.

So the problem is only present in my feet, I noticed this when I was 18 and went on a trip with school for 3 days. I noticed after a few hours of walking the soles of my feet were hurting. The pain would persist even after a whole night's sleep and is fairly unbearable without painkillers.

Then at age 21, I noticed my feet felt really hot in my shoes, when just sitting down in class, this feeling went away after a week but came back after a month or so and never really went away anymore.

So basically my feet would either feel as if they're burning or just have this weird or even cold feeling at some times. I do have days where this is much more bearable but in general it's been quite a pain to live with. (not really an issue when I don't wear shoes)

Tests I've done (all negative)
-EMG
-MRI of my back (due to my EMG showing something about my back but MRI was fine)

Last time I went to the physiotherpaist she described me vitamin B12 and a NSAID (Meloxicam) which didn't really do much. Also insoles due to my feet not being 100% normal, not sure what's exactly wrong with the shape.

Now I'm not sure what to do as I'm guessing doctors don't have any idea what I have either, I haven't discussed neuropathy with them and they haven't either.

What I tried myself (supplements for the most part)
-CBD Oil
-PEA supplement
-Fish oil
-Vitamin B12

I'm not sure if it's okay to try medication such as lyrica/gabapentin yet, I mentionned it but she said it's too soon yet and I haven't gone back since.

For long trips with lots of walking my only option are painkillers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol which don't really suffice either due to my feet hurting easily for longer periods of time.

Does anyone have similar experiences or any advice? Thanks.
YoungNeuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote