View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 01:51 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default first time posting, seeking advice

hi there
i'm new here, and looking for anyone who relates or knows what this might be that i'm experiencing.
i'm reasonably healthy, i think - physically. i'm on five psych meds - antidepressants, mood stabiliser, antipsychotic - and i don't know if what i'm experiencing is a side effect or possibly something else. my psychiatrist said it's probably a side effect of the combination of meds, but in the last couple of days things have got worse.

for the past year or so - or longer - i have had brain zaps - those shock like sensations you get if you stop an ssri suddenly. in this time i haven't stopped any medications. at one point i had my vitamin b checked, and it was slightly below optimal. i had some injections and for a few weeks i didn't notice the brain zaps as much. i had my vit b checked again and it was good, but pretty much at the same time they started happening again. i have been taking vitamin supplements on and off since then (i'm not good at sticking to things). in the past month or so i've become very dizzy/lightheaded a lot of the time, and tonight the brain zaps got so bad it got difficult driving. i have it especially right after driving, and right after and during exercising (i drove home after exercising). it makes my ears zing and my eyes go momentarily blurry, my hands tingle. i don't know what is going on... has anyone had stuff like this? (i'm not sure which subforum i could ask this in)

if this is just a side effect of medication then i'd probably end up having to change meds, but i don't want to do that unnecessarily
nike007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-09-2018), Dmom3005 (10-02-2018)