View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungNeuro View Post
Hello, I'm not even sure what I have as nothing has been found yet but I just wanted to share story here to see if anyone here is familiar with my issues.

So the problem is only present in my feet, I noticed this when I was 18 and went on a trip with school for 3 days. I noticed after a few hours of walking the soles of my feet were hurting. The pain would persist even after a whole night's sleep and is fairly unbearable without painkillers.

Does anyone have similar experiences or any advice? Thanks.
My first symptom of SFN was severe burning feet, which started after a long day of walking in flimsy shoes. It tormented me daily for a year, then went away for several years, then returned more mildly, followed by some other sensory abnormalities. The things I found that helped my feet were: removing shoes whenever possible, avoiding any friction, pressure, or vibration on my soles as much as possible, changing shoes once or more over the course of a day, lidocaine patches (on top of feet even though it was only my soles that were burning--adhesive patches just don't work on the bottom), and menthol-type lotions such as Biofreeze, Max-Freeze, etc. The roll-on forms don't get your hands all greasy. Now there is also an Aspercreme lidocaine roll-on. I was really resistant to all my doctors' ideas of using a of using a systemic medication for such a localized problem and got the ideas for these topical products from this forum. Good luck!
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (09-28-2018)