View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 11:40 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vania View Post
Hi Mitchell,

I am not doing well overall but head sensitivity is the thing that has been improving the most. It started 2 years ago after my 2nd concussion and was aggravated 9 months ago after the 3rd. I think that three things helped me:
1. Time
2. The shoes
3. Managing my anxiety. I think it is part of the problem for me although there is more to it. It took me a while but after hundreds of small setbacks caused by minor events I understood that these were not damaging and that the setback would in general not last more than a few days. Now I pay less attention to it and (as a result, I think) I go quicker back to my baseline.

I hope this helps. How are things on your side?
I'm sorry to hear things are not going as well as you would like Vania. That's great that your head sensitivity has improved, what are the main symptoms giving you grief at the moment?

I agree with you big time about the importance of managing anxiety. So important! It makes the process of going through a setback less hell than it can be. I'm going ok. My main issues at the moment are my head sensitivity first and foremost, and depression. I can't wait till I am healed of this!! You realise how we take life for granted when we go through something like this.
Mitchell H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote