View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:25 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker View Post
My first symptom of SFN was severe burning feet, which started after a long day of walking in flimsy shoes. It tormented me daily for a year, then went away for several years, then returned more mildly, followed by some other sensory abnormalities. The things I found that helped my feet were: removing shoes whenever possible, avoiding any friction, pressure, or vibration on my soles as much as possible, changing shoes once or more over the course of a day, lidocaine patches (on top of feet even though it was only my soles that were burning--adhesive patches just don't work on the bottom), and menthol-type lotions such as Biofreeze, Max-Freeze, etc. The roll-on forms don't get your hands all greasy. Now there is also an Aspercreme lidocaine roll-on. I was really resistant to all my doctors' ideas of using a of using a systemic medication for such a localized problem and got the ideas for these topical products from this forum. Good luck!
My main problem right now is that my feet will have this annoying burning sensation or just this annoying feeling by just sitting down with shoes on. Being this young I'm also not a big fan of taking these medications such as lyrica because for most people it doesn't seem to work that greatly anyway. It is interesting to experiment a bit with these lotions and such, I will look into it.

As for getting a diagnose I'm not sure if it's worth it, all I can think of is doing a skin biopsy but I haven't been to a neurologist and there don't seem to be any possible treatments, so I don't really see the point besides just owning it.
YoungNeuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote