View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 01:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks so much everyone

I'm still waiting to hear about the EEG but I am getting really nervous that she'll say it is "normal" and I'll worry that there could be something there that was just missed, since it is common for that to happen in the short EEG's. He was there from abouit 10:00 to 11:15, which included getting everything on his head, talking, and getting everything off of his head, so they did probably 30 min awake and 30 min asleep at the most. They did do the flashing light over him and the blowing, though I'm not sure he blew steady enough for it to matter (he has oral motor issues and blowing is harder for him). I've read that for the flashing light thing, you're eyes are supposed to be closed and his were open, I don't remember them saying anything about closing them at the EEG. Hopefully that won't matter? My mom went with me and said she doesn't think Anthony has seizures because he smiled during the flashing lights (might have been only part of the time, not sure). She said since he liked it, he couldn't have epilepsy. Not sure that that is true though. There could've still been activity in his brain... possibly? Any thoughts on any of this? I really appreciate any and all thoughts you all have about my son. You've all been so helpful.

If it comes back as "normal" I really would like to ask for a 24 hour EEG so I can feel more confident about it but I'm afraid the dr will say just to trust this test because the flashing light etc would have brought something out if it was going to happen, know what I mean? I don't want her to think that I don't trust her and sound like I am second guessing her, I hear she is a very good dr.

btw, I put my son down for a nap a little while ago and he was doing some twiching, not long after he fell asleep. Not sure if that is normal or not though-- it may be perfectly normal rather than JMS? I have no idea.
ives6797 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote