View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 03:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Two years after TBI with chronic and persistent problems

Hi all. I had a traumatic brain injury with loss of consciousness for a day or so. My injury is worsened by damage to nerves in the accident (severed branch of trigeminal nerve). I was a hot yoga practitioner before the accident. Now, I find exercise intolerance to be debilitating. When the room in yoga is cooler , maybe 105 degrees, I can function but higher than that, I seem to be unable to regulate and my heart races. My pain is constant 24/7 and I manage with cannabinoids and Tylenol to keep working. There is numbness from neuropathy, but the feeling like my brain is swollen is debilitating and can easily get worse if I try to do full expression of yoga. My brain pain feels like someone is wearing cleats and pushing against my forehead from inside. This is most of the time. When I overdo, add the feeling like my head is wrapped in a rubber band and pulled back in a slingshot at the same time. Hyperbaric Oxygen sounds interesting but I am losing my job and insurance. Is it expensive? Are the results fleeting? Please let me know. So many days, it is hard to even lift my head from a pillow. It feels heavy. There are other problems classic for the persistent post infusion syndrome. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YoginiM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote