Thread: Spreading??
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 05:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
So my pain and burning is definitely increasing. Every time I go to aqua therapy they ask if it's making the pain worse. How do I know whether the therapy is making it worse or whether the disease is just progressing? I am really stumped whenever they ask as I don't really know how to differentiate the two. Has anyone else found this to be the case and come up with a good way to tell the difference?

I *think* it's the therapy since I can walk 4-6 miles with only a minor increase for an evening yet have had horrible increases since starting aqua PT. However it may just be a that the disease is progressing and it's all coincidental.

Is there a benefit to pushing through the pain?? I'm just really confused and can't seem to find a lot of information on what the *right* approach is when it comes to PT/exercise. Any input is appreciated.
I first had a PT (physical therapist) that would push through pain. He had to stop with weight training as well, because also both my legs were going into severe atrophy at that point, so electric stimulation is all he could still do.

I lost almost all leg muscle in upper legs after 8 months of PT. At that time they didn't know I had CRPS yet, so PT was my only option. And it hurt like hell.

It took a long time to diagnose (almost 3 years) and get some medical treatment.

If you *feel* that it is making it worse, I would stop and go back to your doctor and discuss this. In my understanding, pushing through pain with CRPS is not good!!! At all!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
annabanana123 (10-05-2018), birchlake (10-05-2018)