View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:45 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default I would like to "understand TN better"

Hi, when I read all those forums and google about TN it is very scary and anxious. And confusing too. Therefore I would be really thankful if anyone (more is better) would give me a feedback on my questoions below:

1. how many (basic known) variants of TN exist? I know for TN1, TN2, ATN but I really dont know/understand what are main differencecs among them and what are characteristics of each of them?

2. I am really not sure how this frequencies of attacks and intesity of pain works? Is there really "no one in the world" who got cured or at least better in time? Do everyone just getting worse all the time until unberable point? I know TN is progreessive so attacks are more frequent and intense of pain higher every next time. But does that mean that if, for example, one gets his first attack already with intense of pain 10 and the second attack in a week later with again intense of pain 10, will than next attack be sooner, let`s say in 3 days and intense of pain will still increase to "over 10 scale"? So one will soon end up in 24/7 unberable pain "for ever" ? Is it not possible to have some attacks more "mixed" regarding freq. and intense of pain (lets say if 2 attacks were close, could than the third attack be less intense and delayed sometimes)? My English is not that good so I apologize and I hope I am understandable. I would like to ask if is it possible to sometimes have stronger longer attack in present time and than some pause and than weaker and shorter attack in the future?

3.I am really confused about drugs. May please some one group them and describe a main characteristics (and bad side effects) for drugs used on different TNs? Maybe which to avoid for sure?

4. Can TN patients have a "normal life" or not? No partys (no wine, beer)? No sport? No traveling? Etc.

5. Is it possible to cope with TN without drugs (sure one would need to make a lot of effort to do that with other "techiques")? Is there no "quick drugs" available <- to take pills only when attack occurs, no need to taking them all the time?

6.What are most danger dentist procedures for invoking TN?

Thank you very much in advance!
WishBestAll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote