Thread: very frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 02:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am in a worker's comp situation as well, but luckily I am in the Bay Area in CA, so the Dr's are more well versed in CRPS. SO I got diagnosed more quickly and got a good doctor. But while w/c isn't fighting the dx, they just fight every single treatment protocol, and deny that anything associated with the CRPS or the original injury is to be treated/considered (the increase in migraines, the back/hip pain from my walking being impacted and having to use crutches), the depression/anxiety, and the mental/cognitive issues.

And even with all that, I am still ending up using my health insurance for my medications because otherwise I wouldn't have any. Cause w/c just decides on their own you don't need it anymore. Or if you have to change doctors (like I did) they won't reapprove the medication (cause clearly if you have a new doctor you no longer need the medication you used for the past year, right?).

The place I've been lucky is my AME has been on my side, and made w/c get me things, and denied them doing testing that he felt was unnecessary and would be painful (that functional testing that they have made others here go through). I've been very lucky that I had a great lawyer who personally knew what doctors to go to and to have for the AME.
Three and a 1/2 years in... now I get to have a psych exam. In the getting ready to settle phase, I think?

However, I've never heard of brain shudders, and agree a neurologist needs to be consulted. Also, it could be a side effect of a medication you take, because many that we are given are anti-epileptics, which mean they cross the blood brain barrier, and could well have that kind of effect on you. Either way, it sounds VERY serious and something I'd hurry to my neuro for.
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-08-2018)