View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 03:32 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tied View Post
Mirapex is used to treat fibromyalgia, so I already was on it before. It started causing RLS/PLMD, then nausea.
Carbamazepine is an anti-seisure drug. It works good, but I developed itching and was told to stop.
Gabapentin was prescribed for RLS/PLMD in a large dose. A smaller dose worked better, but it eventually caused me nausea so severe I had to stop. It diminishes your mental faculties.
Amitriptyline works well but causes insomnia and after long term urinary retention and abdominal pain, and this becomes life threatening.
Lidocaine patch works well but some brands have stickum that itches. It doesn't stick well on the face and gets tangled up in your hair. It can be used as needed but it's annoying unless you shave your scalp.
These are anecdotal for me and would not affect everyone this way.
Thank you very very much on your reply and explanation. I really appreciate it. Even tho I am even a bit more scared of all those dangerous drugs now. But it is important to know "the reality". What kind of a drug is a Lidocaine (comparing to other anti-seisure & AD drugs)? Is it very toxic (side effects)? Are there any less harmful drugs? Is it possible to use some kind of medical drugs to suppress intense pain during the attack and than stop taking them (after attack)? Is it possible to avoid antidepressants (and similar anti-seisure pills) <- are all those anti-seisure (and AD) drugs the only way to deal with TN? What about patches and pills? What is more safe to use? Are all drugs available in patch or pill version, or that depends on type of drugs?
What happens if/when one can not take any of those pills?
I apologize for making even more questions, but I would really like to be as much informed as possible. Thank you once more and I wish you all the best!
WishBestAll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote