View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:32 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart

Eva,
It appears the Tamoxifen and Arimidex has very similar effects. The Tamoxifen is usually given to those who had/have breast cancer and were premenopausal. The Arimidex is given to those who are postmenopausal.

The side effects of the Arimidex are awful. I had to give at least a week or so without the medication. The sour/acid stomach,(since the rectal cancer; I am dealing with abdominal pain and "potty issues" & hernias and this just adds to the pain) along with heart attack like chest pain, burping and upchucking some bile. The wrist, fingers are so painful because of joint and bone are affected. I am all ready dealing with PN and edema which legs and feet are painful; this stuff causes ankle/feet swelling. Rather than hair growth, I am loosing hair; even on my legs which I don't mind; but the the loss of hair on my head is a problem.The loss of strength and fatigue is awful. I will probably go back to the meds during this week. My cancer cells were estrogen positive positive. There are anogens in our bodies that turn in some form of estrogen even after menopause. These meds are to try to completely stop this from happening.

I see the surgeon's assistant for 6 month checkup in two weeks. I will let them know what issues I am having with the Arimidex breast cancer meds; but not sure whether I will mention having been off for almost 2 weeks. Not sure which is worst, worrying about cancer returning or feeling so sick adding to my already over and above the usual pain issues.

Eva, I think you may have had a lot of these side effects when you were taking the Tamoxifen.

Your breast deflating and double bubble has got to be very uncomfortable. You have been through so much.

Thanks for letting Corissa know. I just think about her and all she can be. Hope she is able to turn things around. I'll never forget when over the phone she thanked me for being friends with her mother. It was so touching the way she cared about you.

Love & Prayers,

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-08-2018), PamelaJune (11-19-2018), Wren (10-08-2018)